Skyline | Review

Hungover from a party, a group of friends is woken in the night by a mysterious blue light whose source is unknown. The light seems to have a magnetic power, drawing all who look at it in causing them to disappear. They soon realize that the source of the light is not human and is very quickly working its way through the human population. The group must stick together to try and stay alive.

I will admit, after I watched the trailer, I was eager to see the film. Sadly, the movie did not live up to my expectations. The acting lacks all but awkwardness and the story-line leaves much to be desired.
___________________________________________________


I give this movie a 3/10 and here's why:
Plot: The story line is typical - humans must try to stay alive while aliens take over. Nothing original here.
Characters: The characters were hardly believable; the acing is cause for eye-rolling.
Visuals: The way the movie presented the blue light beams, that was unusual and, I think, well done. For what I have read was a small budget, the graphics were not bad.
Genre rating for sci-fi action: Since the story is an old one, I expected a bit of ingenuity in some aspect of the movie. Instead, I was bored after about 20 min in - the mystery of the blue beams of light wore of pretty quickly. Granted, some of the visuals were good, these days awesome graphics is not enough. 

Trailer courtesy of IMDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment