Cheesy Scrambled Eggs with Mushrooms and Hot Peppers


This hearty brunch for two is one of many scrambled egg concoctions I have created in the last couple of years. Mike has decided that it's his favourite so far; I hope you enjoy it too!

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
6 eggs
a splash of milk (Any kind will do. I used almond milk in this particular photo, but it makes no difference which you choose.)
6 mushrooms finely diced
10-12 pieces of pickled hot peppers
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried Italian spice
1 handful of diced bacon (pre-made bacon bits work here too)
swiss cheese (I used half-fat swiss) about a handful, grated

Instructions:
1. Preheat olive oil in a large skillet at medium-heat.
2. Whisk eggs and milk until combined; set aside.
3. Dice mushrooms and hot peppers; add to preheated skillet and stir often.
4. Add parsley, Italian spice, and bacon to mixture in skillet; cook until mushrooms have reduced by half their size.
5. Add egg and milk mixture to skillet; scramble until cooked (no longer runny).
6. Grate as much cheese as you would like over top of the cooked eggs. Turn off the element; the leftover heat will melt the cheese. I usually fold the cooked eggs over to incorporate the melted cheese.
7. Add fresh ground pepper to taste. (You will notice that I add fresh pepper to most savoury dishes - I love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment