Jerk Chicken

While I have had jerk chicken many times, for some reason I assumed it was difficult to make. I was wrong. All you need are the following ingredients, a food processor (or one of those hand mixers - that's what I use), and an oven.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup green onions (I usually leave these out since Mike is not a huge onion fan.)
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1-2 jalapeno pepper(s) (or scotch bonnet if you like your jerk really spicy)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Directions:
Combine all ingredients but the chicken in your food processor (or with your hand mixer) to make a puree.

Put chicken in a large bowl, pour marinade over top and mix. Let it sit for 6 + hours for best flavour. (If you don't have this kind of time to marinade, don't worry; it will still taste good. However, I do recommend a longer marinading time for maximum enjoyment.)

Put jerk-covered chicken into a greased pan and into a 350 F oven for 45-50 minutes. Move the chicken to the top rack and broil for a few minutes at the end to blacken.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment