Homemade BBQ Burger


Nothing beats a homemade barbequed hamburger, especially when it's topped with old cheddar cheese and maple bacon! *drool* All of the amounts in the recipe are approximations. I don't think I have ever exactly measured any ingredients when making my burgers. Once I have added everything to the ground beef, I stick my nose in and give it a smell. If I like the smell, I form patties, if not, I add spices!

Ingredients
approximately 1 pound ground beef (1 pkg)
1/2 onion, grated
approximately 1 large handful of bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp cumin
1/4 cup of your favourite barbeque sauce

Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients, excluding bread crumbs and barbeque sauce, in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly. I suggest using your hands, as they seem to be the best tool for ensuring all of the ingredients are evenly dispersed in the meat.

2. Add a bit of the bread crumbs at a time intermittently take a handful of the beef and try forming a patty. You are looking to use enough bread crumbs to hold the patties together, without making them too dry. It's easy to keep adding a bit, but not possible to take it away, so add a bit at a time.

3. Divide the mixture into four equal parts. Create four patties using your hands. I always make a slight indentation (about the size of a quarter) in the middle of each burger. (This ensures that the burgers cook evenly throughout.)

4. Brush the burgers with barbeque sauce.

5. Barbeque the burgers on full-heat for about 10 minutes (flipping half way through).

6. Allow the burgers to sit for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with whatever toppings you like! Check out my Top 10 Hamburger Toppings for inspiration. Enjoy!


TIP: I often make a few batches in advance and freeze them - makes for easy meals and entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment