Chickpea and Lentil Salad



You will quickly notice that I did not measure many of my ingredients, hence all the +/-'s. I added bit by bit, stirred and tasted to decide whether or not to add anything. I suggest you do the same. Use these measurements as a starting point and go from there! I enjoyed this salad; however, Mike didn't like the texture. He's not a big chickpea fan to begin with, so adding lentils certainly didn't help.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups chickpeas (You can used canned or rehydrate dried chickpeas, following the instructions on the package. Mine were leftover from a few days prior when I re-hydrated a few cups.)
3/4 cup lentils (I used green lentils.)
+/- 1 tbsp lemon juice
+/- 1 tbsp olive oil
+/- 1/4 tsp cumin
+/- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
+/- 1/4 tsp sage, powder
+/- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
feta cheese
fresh ground pepper to taste

Directions
Bring about 4 cups of water and lentils in a medium sized pot to boil; reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until lentils are tender.

Drain water; pour lentils and chickpeas into a bowl. Add lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, sage, chili flakes, pepper, and crumbled feta. Stir well and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment